Thursday 23 August 2012

Commission to Land

I've just been reading the Darkness article in this month's Q (hilarious if you like tales of rockstar excess, and Lowestoft), hence the awful blog post title.

But I am really pleased and excited - I've had my 2nd magazine commission! After all the trauma of the last one , it's great to have another one accepted. This time the magazine in question is Knit Now, a lovely magazine which launched last year and focuses on accessories and smaller projects. I won't give any details of what it will be yet - it's for issue 18, which won't be out until Jan/Feb.

I wasn't convinced that the yarn I knitted the swatch in was the right yarn for the project, so I also have an excuse to head out to some yarn shops to see if I can find the right one. The yarn I did the swatch in was Louisa Harding Grace, which is a fabulous silk/merino blend, but I think the final fabric needs to be a bit less firm - a bit drapier, in other words. Maybe some bamboo, cashmere or alpaca content would achieve this. It also needs to come in a dark terracotta or brick red.

No comments:

Post a Comment