Wednesday 5 December 2012

Went to my friend Andrew's wedding at the weekend (he's a very funny stand up comedian - you can follow him on Twitter at @theAndrewWatts). It involved a rather curious ceremony, being essentially a double-handed Christian/Jewish affair, with the priest and the rabbi acting in tandem. One minute Hebrew chanting - next minute "Bread of Heaven".

Being me, rather than taking photos of the happy couple, I took lots of the priest's rather magnificent vestments:


Wouldn't it make the most gorgeous colourwork sweater? Maybe by someone like Alice Starmore. Not quite sure my colourwork design skills are quite up there yet.

If this all sounds a bit too serious, I can assure you the grapey theme seen on the vestments was more than supported by the generous wine supply thereafter...

Added some weeks later: this very wedding was the subject of an article in the Sunday Times colour supplement on Jan 30th.

No comments:

Post a Comment