Monday 8 July 2013

Post Samples, Post Wimbledon...

I've been actually literally too busy to blog for the last 2 weeks! Partly this has been due to actual work. Partly this has been due to Wimbledon (normally would be able to combine blogging & Wimbledon, but my physio has banned me from using my laptop on my lap - hence no blogging in front of TV). Mostly it's been due to 2 knitting-design-related matters - firstly, getting all my patterns tested for Waters of Africa using the Free Pattern Testers group which is brilliant but takes up a little time, and secondly knitting lots of lovely accessory samples for a lovely yarn company in a lovely yarn. More will follow on that...

It's also now preserving season, hence that was just a break to decant redcurrant jelly. I inherited an extra bit of allotment last year and it looks like there may be a LOT of redcurrant jelly - this is only a portion of the fruit on the bushes:

 
 
All of which means I haven't yet blogged about issue 23 of Knit Now magazine, which features lots of picnic-related patterns (finally we have the weather to picnic) including my Aldeburgh tee. It would be nice to say that this was due to a carefully-thought out concept, but actually I found a swatch I had no recollection of knitting in my swatch bag. I thought, "That's pretty!" and reknitted it to make sure I could work out how I'd done it, and sent it off as an idea. Obviously Kate at Knit Now thought the same, and here we have a gorgeous summery top, bee-you-ti-fully photographed:
 
(c) Practical Publishing 2013

There is also a rather more close up pic in the magazine itself, which makes me a bit nervous, as it means my seaming is on display to the world at large :-(.

Very pleased to be celebrating another charming corner of Suffolk with this pattern's title.


No comments:

Post a Comment