Tuesday 10 September 2013

Finding locations & losing samples...

I've been busily pattern testing & have all sorts of exciting new launches & relaunches in the pipeline - plus the publication of Artesano's Blue Faced Blend pattern book in which I have 3 accessory patterns (very excited) - I'll blog about that in due course (but you can have a look on Rav if you want a sneaky peek - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sources/artesano-british-blue-faced-blend-book-1).

They have got lovely pics with models who are not me - one of the problems with self publishing is a) you have to do all your own pics and b) that means it's usually muggins in the photos.

All this activity required some new photos so I dragged my husband around the terribly pictureskew town of Clare in Suffolk at the weekend and made him take pictures of me basically poncing about in hand knits. This included some slightly dangerous photography on a single lane bridge, and some safer stuff in Clare Country Park (see below). Most of this was for patterns still in testing, but also included the Santiago Cowl which has now been tested and relaunched. It looks good from both sides which is very helpful as it means I can take pics from the BACK...


Way more flattering!

In the meantime, my Montserrat curvy-size top has now finished its test and would be ready to relaunch if only I could find my original sample... I want to frog & reknit the top part in line with the revised tested pattern (and take new pics) but my house is completely upside down due to having the builders in doing our loft conversion and I'm at a loss as to where it's got to...

No comments:

Post a Comment