Sunday 10 February 2013

All hail the mighty Bantams...

I've got a few things to talk about - most recently a trip to Nice which was absolutely jam packed with inspiration, as well as blue skies & cheese. I'm also approaching a "significant birthday" in a couple of days... ulp... had my first party (I'm having 2, Queen-style) on Friday. The winning combination of vast amounts of sparkling wine, cheese and classic 80s pop (99 Red Balloons, Tainted Love, etc) was good fun at the time but meant I spent yesterday feeling distinctly unwell (and occasionally saying things like, "I've just realised I had a Jagerbomb last night...")

I'm going to do a seperate Nice post - but what I've been doing is getting probably foolishly excited about Bradford City getting to the League Cup final on 24th Feb. If you're not a football fan you may not realise what a spectacular achievement this is - they're in League 2 and beat 3 Premiership sides, including Arsenal, to get to the final. So obviously I've had to design myself a hat to wear, and stray into the dangerous realms of stranded colourwork design.

The team logo is a Bantam, so it could be enjoyed by any random chicken lover. The pattern's free in my Ravelry store - Bantams Beanie

I will get a photo of it on my head, but it's too wet to go outside at the moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment