Tuesday 19 February 2013

Knit your way to a healthy heart!

Speaking personally, I made a lot of my best friends when I was at university and one of them is the rather wonderful Alex, with whom I shared a hideous Young Ones style flat, all leaky pipes, no heating, overflowing ashtrays and interesting cultures growing in abandoned coffee mugs.

So when Alex announced that she, as part of Team Bob, would this June be walking 100km from London to Brighton to raise money for the British Heart Foundation, I had to help in the way I would most enjoy... designing a knitting pattern to raise some more funds for the walk, and help publicise it around those lovely generous knitting people.

I contacted the marvellous Jenny at Artesano Yarns, who provided yarn support in the gorgeous, squishy, warm shape of Artesano Aran, and designed a hat in the British Heart Foundation's colours, and finished it just in time to get it modelled by Alex when she came down for my 40th birthday party (part two) last weekend:

 
 
You can download it for £2.50 at http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bobs-beanie
 
All profits go to Team Bob (after PayPal take their cut...) and therefore to the British Heart Foundation.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment