Wednesday 22 February 2012

Developments...

So, been a little while since I posted. The bad news is I am still off work. The good news is, I have been designing! There are now two scarf designs, for a man and a woman, in a lace pattern inspired by asparagus. Now I have to be honest. I didn't intend it to be asparagus. I started trying to do a hyacinth. I got something that looked pretty. Maybe a protea? Then I looked from a distance. It was quite clearly asparagus. Like Lord Percy in Blackadder when he invented Green, I was not discouraged. Asparagus is good stuff. So Asparagus Lace Scarf (women) and Sparrow Grass (men) were born. Also, there is a men's cycling gloves pattern - Cavendish - due to go up soon, maybe later today. The design of which has been a useful process, if only because I have found all the mistakes in Pendleton! For which a new pattern has already been added. Potentially even more exciting - I've had a design idea accepted by a knitting magazine. Watch this space... All my designs on Ravelry. Trying work again tomorrow - so will see how I get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment