Tuesday 7 February 2012

RSI and glove designing...

Still sat here on the sofa, been doing so much knitting I now have a very achey arm. So I've been varying the knitting, from straights/DPNs/circs and even (shock horror for me) A SPOT OF CROCHET!!!! Thanks to my parents visit at the weekend and some early birthday presents (well, it would have been rude not to open them when they were around to thank in person). These included a Cath Kidston "crochet box" tin with the equipment to make a granny square cushion. And also a Cath Kidston knitting bag, a Knit Real Shetland book, and a Jamieson & Smith Sheep Heid tam kit. And some chocolate. What high-quality parenting! I've also been varying it with a bit of typing, not just of this blog but also typing up the first part of my first ever original knitting design. This is a pattern for cycling gloves (fingerless mittens I suppose technically), which I've named Pendleton. They've got mock rib backs and moss stitch palms. I've knitted up & typed the left mitt, now deciding how to write the right mitt pattern. Sadly I think I can't chicken out & just write "reverse shaping"... I'll leave it a couple of days before I do the second one, that way I can see how much of my own pattern still makes sense when I try to do no 2. Looks like I might just squeeze both gloves out of one 50gm ball... Ravelry page for Pendleton

No comments:

Post a Comment