Wednesday 6 June 2012

Not been doing too well with this blog, have I???

Recovered from my virus(vestibulitis, it turned out), went to Ecuador, went back to work... And didn't do much more blogging.

But! I am resolved to start again. My excitement at having a pattern accepted by a magazine went as flat as a dead pint on the last day of a beer festival in the height of summer, thanks to the great All Craft Media debacle, which has been amply covered on Ravelry and in numerous crafting blogs. However it seems that Knit magazine as was is rising from the ACM ashes like a glorious phoenix, now to be named Yarnwise, and fingers crossed my mitts pattern will be retained by the new editor and in the first issue. We shall see.

In the meantime, I've now published several free patterns on Ravelry http://www.ravelry.com/designers/miranda-jollie

Including some lovely grape/wine themed gloves in cosy Artesano Alpaca.

I have too many knitting projects on the go, both other people's designs and my own. Have discovered that I can easily get my bamboo sock needles through security at court, so am often to be found sitting around in my barrister's robes sock knitting.

I am planning a technique for designing garments that are sized in both back sizes and cup sizes. More to come on that...

No comments:

Post a Comment